31 August 2016

Segun Toriola Preparing For 2020 Tokyo Olympics

 segun toriola

Veteran Nigeria table tennis star, Segun Toriola, has expressed that he is not prepared to stop playing for Nigeria as he has set his sights on speaking to the nation at 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Toriola, 42, showed up at the Olympic Games in Rio subsequent to appearing in Barcelona 1992. 

In a discharge by ITTF-Africa, Toriola who was regarded at Rio 2016 said the length of he is still fit he will keep on representing Nigeria at real competitions. 

Also Read: Victor Moses Scores His First Goal For New Boss Conte.

He additionally said Nigeria's failure to create top class players is one reason he is yet to call time on his playing vocation. 

"I am still one of the best in my game in spite of my age and my consistency in table tennis which sees me playing in two top customary clubs in Europe would remain an additional preferred standpoint for me as I keep on playing in world class rivalries," Toriola inisted. 

"Being 42 years of age is one thing, being sufficiently fit to keep playing top table tennis is another. I am exceptionally trained and I religiously take after the things that will keep on aiding my wellness in the diversion. Come Tokyo 2020, I will at present regard speak to Nigeria in top evaluation worldwide rivalries until after the Tokyo Olympics. 

"The trepidation of not having any top of the line Nigerian player doing great at the global circuit for quite a while was one reason I delayed my playing profession in table tennis. I was terrified not having any quality players to hand over to when I resign," he said. 

Also Read: Griezmann Deserves UEFA Award Not Ronaldo - Diego Simeone.

"However, with the development of Aruna Quadri, I can now resign calmly with whatever remains of psyche that, there is some individual worth the salt who can proceed from where I stop, yet this won't happen until after the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. I am still exceptionally dynamic and even the Nigeria Table Tennis Federation have requested that I proceed. 

"A few nations drew nearer me in Rio to take up the all day work as national group mentor, yet I turned every one of the solicitations down as I am not prepared to stop," included Toriola. 

Toriola went ahead to express that with the deed accomplished by Quadri in Rio, a more youthful era of Nigerians will be enlivened to take up the game. 

"My acknowledgment by the IOC at the Rio Olympics was a decent one and acknowledgment of my accomplishments. 

"This serves as an inspiration for the energetic table tennis players and a support for them to buckle down and do well in their vocation. They now realize that when they separate themselves, they would be perceived by the worldwide games leagues."

No comments:

Post a Comment


We appreciate your comment(s).

Login with your gmail to comment